Below are the questions SaveOurSeeker.com typically receives via email and Twitter.
Why was 'Legend of the Seeker' cancelled?
Due to financial issues, Tribune, the major distributor of 'Legend of the Seeker,' decided not to renew the series. ABC Studios, which produced Legend of the Seeker, explored other options, and unfortunately, an apparent deal with Syfy fell through.
Are there any news about season 3? And is the fan campaign making any progress?
We know that many networks are familiar with our campaign. Here's a quote from a recent statement by Terry Goodkind: "You guys (SOS campaign in particular) are doing an incredible job. Almost entirely because of your efforts, I have not heard any reason why the doors that have been closed on LOTS could not be reopened. The very reason most of the language about the show's cancellation has been non-definitive and generally vague is because of your effort."
Is there any hope that a 3rd season will be produced?
There's always hope, and our chances increase as the fan base grows. Fans are still fighting to get the show back. Other shows were brought back by fans before (e.g. Chuck, Firefly, The XFiles movies), or are being brought back because they're having a successful afterlife on DVD (Family Guy), or online (Arrested Development); see this article.
What is SaveOurSeeker.com doing to help bring back Legend of the Seeker?
We're currently working on these 3 main projects:
1. Letter writing campaign (aka Journey Book Campaign). Every week, we target different networks. Please check our Twitter feed for the weekly calendar.
2. Organizing or supporting fan tables at conventions around the world. The updated convention calendar is on this wiki
3. DVD donations to public libraries. We donated over 400 DVDs to libraries in the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Donations are ongoing.
Past projects are listed here.
What can I do to help bring the show back?
This is just a short list of activities you can help with:
- Write to The CW to request a third season: Mark Pedowitz (President) | The CW | 3300 W. Olive Ave. | Burbank, CA 91505 | USA
- Tell your friends about the show. Use social networks as much as you can.
- Stream the show on Netflix or Hulu - if available in your area.
- Buy or gift an episode(s) on iTunes or Amazon Instant Video.
- Purchase or gift the DVDs.
- Write a letter to the networks we target via the Journey Book Campaign. Please check our Twitter feed for the weekly calendar, and for campaign updates. See this sample letter and postcard text.
- Volunteer at a fan table. The convention calendar is continuously updated at this wiki.
I'm planning on buying the DVD sets for the series. Can I can buy them somewhere that would show my interest or help the campaign?
Buying the 'Legend of the Seeker' DVDs on Amazon via this URL contributes a referral bonus to our campaign. Also, any other products you may add to your cart before checkout contributes such bonus. The DVDs are available in many countries, and purchasing a box set anywhere helps the show.
Can I help the campaign if I cannot donate money?
Below is a list of campaign activities that won't cost you any money (or just a postage stamp).
- Write a letter to the networks we target via the Journey Book Campaign. Check our Twitter feed for the weekly calendar. If you can't send letter or postcard, contact the networks via their online contact form, Facebook, or Twitter.
- Sign this online petition.
- If you are in a country where Netflix and/or Hulu are available, please watch the show online.
- Ask your local library to purchase the Legend of the Seeker DVDs if they don't have them already. Most libraries have an online suggestion form, or an email to contact them.
- Contact the TV critic of your local newspaper (especially if you're familiar with his/her column). See sample letter.
- Tell your friends about the show in person or via the social network sites, such as Facebook.
Do you know the address for the actors' fan mail?
You can find some of the fan mail addresses of the cast and crew on the fan mail page.
Where can I buy official 'Legend of the Seeker' merchandise?
The only official merchandise available are the 'Legend of the Seeker' DVDs. You can find them on our Amazon Store. You can also find 'Sword of Truth' official merchandise on the Terry Goodkind Store. Keep an eye on his store, or his Facebook page for merchandise announcements.